Tuesday 3 December 2013

mbti test

Recently just took the mbti test. For those who don't know what it is, it's a personality test where you answer a series of 'yes' or 'no' questions and the score will generate your personality in four letters to summarise your answers. There are 16 different types of personalities, all of which are equal, and there are no better ones than others. This test is really useful if you want to know more about yourself (ask your friends to do it, so you know more about them ;) ) and also finding adequate career options that suit your personality the best.

I took my test on this website (aka, there are no viruses or scams): http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

It has concluded that I am a INTJ and once I researched a bit deeper on this and the traits don't surprise me at all. They are actually really accurate. But surprisingly, I read that my personality type was one of the most rare, and also that Michelle Obama and Jane Austen has/had the same personality as me.

In summary of what I have read;

- I seem to have high self-confidence, which can come off as arrogance to some people
- I have a deep respect for knowledge and intelligence, so I immediately disregard other people's ideas especially if they are fuelled by emotions
- that being said, I'm open-minded to new solutions
- I have a rational and logical thinking, making me suitable to science and engineering careers
- I am a natural leader but I don't take up the "spotlight" if someone more extroverted takes the position
- I am imaginative and strategic
- I despise those that depend on their emotions to make decisions and ideas, and think of them as either immature or irrational
- I am very independent and like to be honest and direct
- I am able to analyze anything that life throws at me, uncovering the underlying methodology and then applying it in practice

That being said, as all personalities, I have my weaknesses;

- very clueless at emotional situations, especially when it comes to romantic relationships
- may come off as insensitive since I don't value emotions over logical thinking
- judgmental - I reach my own conclusions and stick to them
- likely to over-analyse everything
- perfectionists
- hopeless at social situations
- loathe highly structured environments - I tend to hate authoritarian figures, especially those that make no sense 
- really hard to be friends with me; and most of the ones I have will not experience any sort of emotional attachments or affection from me (haha poor them) 

I've taken most of this information from this site which you might like to check out if you do take the test since it goes through a really good in-depth talk of your personality:
http://www.16personalities.com/

After all of that in-depth reading and research, I now know what I have to improve on for myself, but that being said, my personality is who I am, so I'm not trying to change that, just trying to improve the weaknesses I have.

Have a good one xo

No comments:

Post a Comment