Saturday 15 September 2012

Relatable Quote

Don't take people for granted; no matter how much they love you, people get tired. 
Not sure if this is a quote but recently stumbled upon this image. (: I think this is really true and relatable to my current situation at the moment, will go into detail, and I hope this helps people. (:

I don't think people truly understand what 'taking something for granted' means. I wasn't sure either, so I called up a good friend of mine and she explained it further. Basically, it means you assume that something or someone will always be there and they'll never go away but you don't necessarily take into consideration their importance, etc. I've always done that as well, I have this girl friend in my class, who I've always taken for granted because she's always there to help me with anything, no matter if I don't talk to her one day, etc. But then one day she didn't come to school, and I needed her to help me with something, but she wasn't there. That was a point when I realised how much she means to me, and I should hold her more closely. Needless to say, we've kind of apart now, but I'm trying really hard to keep her closer and not take her for granted.

Okay, so this is my situation I've been in for the past couple of months. 

Basically a really close and good friend of mine is going through some hard times. I understood that and respected it, so I wanted to give her some space. Oh by the way, if she's reading this, that's cool bro, just want you to realise something I can't tell you, hehe. So weeks went by, and she wasn't as talkative and was always having late nights and when I asked her if she was okay, she just said she was tired and didn't really want to talk. Okay, so being me, I kinda got a bit upset over it, I mean, how much time does this girl need to take? 

It was obvious that she didn't really want to share whatever was going on with me, because she kept whatever it was away from me, but I heard her telling teachers, other friends about it. So obviously I started thinking, hey there could be something wrong. It felt like she was just being with me, for the sake of knowing someone is there. I would talk to her, you know, make her feel more happy whatever was making her unhappy. But soon, it felt like talking to a cold hard brick wall. Whatever she was holding inside was obviously bothering her, and I really didn't want to ask her about it and seem nosy. I was getting tired. It was as if I was the one trying really hard to keep our little relationship going, because really, she is a really good friend. 

So one day, we were walking, and it was silent. I mean silent, we used to have heaps to talk about. So I strike up a conversation as usual, to try and keep everything normal. And I ask her a 'what if' question, which  turned into scenarios. So then after a while I was like: "what if I died. what would you do?" 

And she paused and was like: "I would cry." Now that got me thinking. If I meant so much to her, why doesn't she show it. That's when I realise she was taking me for granted. She knows at the end of the day, I'll be there for her, because I love her and everything. BUT, to tell the truth, I'm getting tired. I'm getting tired of whatever this 'game' is, whatever is holding her back. 

So I'm giving up, I've been just letting things take into their own hands. I'm just letting go slowly, I mean if she can't be bothered to keep our friendship together, well I'm pretty sure it means that we're just another two strangers again. There's nothing to keep together except memories.

Okay so now that I'm at the end of the post, and I'm pretty sure that girl is going to know I'm talking about her. If you do read this, please just talk to me, because really, I'm just confused and I have no idea how I'm supposed to tell whatever I just typed up, to you. So we should talk. Just saying. And in the case I get this all wrong and messed up, please tell me what's going on, I'm so tired and confused, it starting to affect my studies. 

Thanks for reading, and I hope that provided some nice deep thinking for yall.

Michelle x

2 comments:

  1. Reading this almost made me teary~~ I hope things turns out the best they can for both of you~

    ReplyDelete