Monday 7 January 2013

Beauty Favourites of 2012

Saw heaps and heaps of Youtube videos on this so I thought I'd do a blog post on it, since I haven't really been posting all that much. :c

Anyhoo, I don't have that many but here are some things that I really really liked in 2012.

L-R: Lancome Star Bronzer (sample size) | Clinique Blush in smoldering plum (sample size) | Clinique sample quad (beach plum, strawberry fudge, like mink duo on the bottom row | Coral Colours Eyepencil Kohl in Midnight | Rimmel professional eyebrow pencil | tonymoly water jelly tint | garnier bb cream (oil-free)

 Lancome Star Bronzer: 
I got this near the beginning of 2012 as a sample from a purchase my mum got. And as you can see, I've been using it religiously for the whole year and I have hit pan. It goes on pigmented, but not overly pigmented, so it's easy to blend away and it looks super natural. It has some gold glitter/shimmer in it, but it's hardly noticeable on the skin, especially if you blend it away.

Clinique Blush in smouldering plum
My mum bought stuff from Clinique and I got this from a gift sample thing. The lady was like, 'this might be a bit too dark for you but oh well', and then I went home and tried it, it's not at all ! On my skintone, it looks really nice and natural. Doesn't even look plum - it turns out more warm and a dark coral tone on my skin. It's not very pigmented but when I finish this, I'll be trying out other stuff hehe.

 Clinique sample quad 
I've used this the whole year for nearly all my eyeball looks hahaha. But I haven't touched the purple/plum shadow because I'm not into that stuff ahaha. However, I've hit pan on the other three. The top right is a duochrome shadow, it looks pink, but when layered on the skin, it comes out as a really warm gold colour. It's gorgeous and I've used this for my inner corners and tearduct. The bottom left shade is a basic champagne colour which I started off using as a browbone highlight but then I realised you can use this as a face highlighter and I've been using it so much I'm nearly out of it. :C The last one is the brown one which I've hit pan on near the end of December because I've never really used it. But I started using it as smudged liner instead. (:


 Tonymoly Water Jelly Tint
I think I've mentioned this heaps but I really like this. I don't ever use it on my cheeks cos I never really like using blush anyways. But this looks super natural on the lips and I really like it ! When I'm out of it, I'll have to purchase it again or look for one that similar.



Garnier Oil-free BB Cream in Light
I recently got this around the end of November when it was on sale. I have the other one that Garnier makes, and comparing them, this one has heaps more coverage and is more matte. Really enjoying this. 


 Coral Colours Eyepencil in Midnight 
I don't know where you can get this, but I got this free with the purchase of a magazine. I expected it to be super cheap and crappy and it'll smudge everywhere, but this is actually really amazing. It doesn't smudge at all! It has a smudger foam thing on the end of it, and you have to work sort of fast if you're going to smudge it out because it dries quite quick. Nevertheless, really like this. Only downside, I wish it would sharpen itself, because I'm super lazy. :P

Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown
Initially bought this near the beginning of last year, and I didn't know how to use it. Since then after watching heaps of Youtube videos, I learnt how to use it, and it's really good. (:

L-R: Lash & Brow Comb | small crease brush | ecotools eye shadow brush | realTechniques blush brush | realTechniques expert face brush
 Lash & Brow Comb
I got this along with several other brushes for free in this small kit that came with a purchase in the Duty free shop when I was getting back from New Zealand. I didn't really want the kit, but I was like, worth a shot. And it seriously surprised me. I didn't know something free could be that good ! All the brushes were actually decent quality. And I've been using this brush for after mascara and brows, it's super handy !

Small crease Brush
Like I said earlier, I got a kit from the duty-free store, and this was another brush that came with the kit. It's super small so it's perfect for the crease and inner corner and I just never expected it to be so soft.

Ecotools Eyeshadow Brush
I got this from my bestie (THANK YOU ♥) in a beauty exchange box because she knew I liked to QUOTE: "do a lot of stuff with my eyeballs". And this is really good for just anything really. Super soft and has a tapered end so I can do a whole eyelook with shadow just using this brush.

realTechniques Blush Brush
I got this online, because it's CRAZY EXPENSIVE IN AUSTRALIA. THIS IS F*CKING $40 OVER HERE (excuse the language). I got this online for $9.99! Anyways, I heard from reviews this is really good for powder, not blush because it's way too big, and that's what I use it for. It's really soft, and when I first got it I couldn't stop feeling it hehe. Anyways, really recommend this, and the whole collection.

realTechniques Expert Face Brush
I got this as well after reading really positive reviews on it. I didn't really use it at all because I don't wear foundation  except for formal and then when I started using it with my concealer and BB cream, it makes the biggest difference ever. It buffs it in so naturally you can't really tell you're wearing anything. Highly recommend this!

That's all I have for beauty favourites. I hope you enjoyed reading this. Honestly, I get a lot of my makeup as gifts or sample sizes from other purchases from my mum, so yeah, I'm a real makeupp cheapie.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

Michelle ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment