Saturday 28 July 2012

Update: Science Prac, School Art Show, Friend's B'day & Drawings

Sorry for the long title, it's because I had a long week and haven't blogged in a while, so decided to compile all the highlights and stuff from the week. It's Saturday now. (: I can't remember all the things I did, but the photos will be in chronological order. (:

So in a science lesson, we are learning 'fighting disease'. Gruesome, and confronting but it's super interesting, in my opinion. (: So we were doing a prac on things that have bacteria, and basically we use a sterilized rod, and smear it on a dirty surface, and then wipe it over this jelly-like substance called agar, which makes bacteria grow, because it kinda 'feeds' the bacteria. Anyhoo, our group did my friend's sock, HAHAHAHA, I wonder what kind of dirty stuff would be in that - ;)

We had to heat up/burn the rods to sterilize it, and surprisingly it made this really beautiful green flame. Tried to take a picture of it but they kept burning out before my camera could focus. We burnt all of the rods and so this is the best one I could find because it had the most rods in it. ;)

It kinda looks like an aurora. ;3
On the Wednesday, there was a school art show after school hours, and so Julia ( www.littlemisscrayons.wordpress.com ) and Eileen to have a look. I personally, was more interested in seeing the HSC works, because I'm considering doing Visual Arts next year, and wanted to know the standards. AND, I'm reconsidering, after looking at it, it's so professionalll, holyyy.

Little sneakpeak - with Julia's body in it, hahaha ;) ♥
On Thursday, it was Jennifer's birthday, and since she transferred to another school last year, could only Facebook and text her birthday wishes. However, Julia and I both planned to give her a present on Friday because I had Matrix. So on Friday, gave her these flowers which were really eyecatching. Really liked the idea of the tie-dye rose(?) in the middle. Happy birthday again Jen! ♥

Oh! On Thursday night, started a drawing of Angelina Jolie, which was super hard and challenging, but it felt good to just concentrate on drawing, even though I didn't do much homework that night. Today, on Saturday, continued it as well, so there are two photos of progress right now. (:

Picture I'm trying to draw



Can't get her lips right - grr >:(
Today, after Chinese school, had to make an 'emergency' appointment to the dentist because I've been noticing my gum has been bleeding a lot and is swollen, and so I had to go and get it checked. Turns out I'm not brushing correctly, and it's perfectly common for people who have braces, so they gave me these really small brushes so I can brush better. Had a scare - thought it was gum disease or something, which it can turn into.

Not much to say, but really should do my English essay, but man, just can't be bothered - sigh.

Shall update again soon, making muffins with my neighbour tomorrow, hopefully can take photos of the final product. (:

Thanks for reading!
Michelle x

6 comments:

  1. Holy shit you are so good at art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks, as you are good at textiles. (: x

      Delete
  2. the drawing is so omfg good! and hope ur mouth is okay ;P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW the drawing is sooo good, keep it up! =D can't wait to see the finished product XD and a green flame means that the rod has been exposed to a supply of barium ions ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will finish it hopefully. (: I thought it was sulfur. :P x

      Delete