Saturday 9 November 2013

Movie reviews: Thor 2 & Gravity

Thor 2 : 

Ever since I was a kid I have been fascinated with superman comics and stories, despite the general "boy genre" it was classified under. But I always wanted to have super powers and save the world and blah blah blah. By far, my favourite "superhero" had always Thor, maybe from his manly presence and the way he talks reminds me of Romeo and Juliet. But he has strong admirable qualities just like all the other superheroes. The thing that placed him apart from the other heros, for me, was his past and his origins; he's from another world, which was something I've also always had been fascinated with. Outer space and the whole entire universe with all it's mystery and danger kinda excites me. Just with these two aspects forms a tremendously good story. I mean the other hero stories are just as good, but Thor's is by far the most intriguing in all it's fantasies. I digress haha.

The movie follows on from the first, but even if you hadn't seen the first one, this one would still make absolute sense. It follows a mythical story of power, love and danger, but this movie develops the plot of Jane and Thor together, as well as exploring Loki as a character and his motivations. There were so many unexpected twists and turns in the plot that really surprised me, but nevertheless it didn't disappoint. I really can't wait for the next movie to come out, because like Harry Potter, this is an extraordinary tale of fantastical worlds and mythology, both of which trigger the world of imagination and dreams like no other. 

Rating : 6.85/10

Gravity : 

I heard contrasting reviews for this movie; some said it was the best movie they've seem this year, and others said it was terrible. From the negative reviews, people complained about there was top much dialogue but really, what do you expect when you're in space haha. 

The beginning had a slow start but when things got intense, things got INTENSE. I have to say though, when I was watching it, I was really impatient because everything in space forces you to move slower than you usually do. But nevertheless Sandra Bullock really brought out the emotions and the feelings of the movie and her character, and the filming made the movie so real, as if you were there with the characters. Almost everything you would think could go wrong in space, does and this movie really highlights the sheer impossibility to overcome almost every obstacle and also the realities of space and the fear of the unknown. 

Rating : 6.65/10

Both movies were amazing in their own way, although I didn't enjoy Gravity as much as I did Thor 2, I really recommend both movies, they will be worth your time. 

Hope you enjoyed xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment