Saturday 25 August 2012

5 Beauty Essentials For School

Thought I'd do a different post today, going to talk about cosmetics. The products mentioned in this aren't necessarily what I use everyday for school, but what I would use for school when I want to wear make up to school. (:

L-R, clockwise: tonymoly water jelly tint, maybelline dream matte powder, garnier bb cream, maxfactor masterpiece cream eyeshadow in pearl beige, rimmel extra wow lash mascara
1. Lip stains or Tints: Tony Moly Water Jelly Tint 
Multi-use products really help shorten your time when getting ready, because everyone values sleep, hehe. Just make sure you wash your fingers after using it because you don't want to look like you murdered someone. So you can use this on both lips and cheeks and you can reapply during the day, plus it looks super natural. The one I have here is from a Korean brand and was a cheap one that I found in a cute boutique. It goes on smoothly and apparently has the same shade as the Benefit LipTint as well and it smells amazing. Try it out if you can find it!

2. Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
This is just to set everything in place since it will be a long day at school, so it's important to make sure your hard work is going to last. If you have dry skin, I guess you can skip this step. Opt for a sheer powder so it looks super natural. The powder I have is really good! Loads of positive reviews online, so try it out!

3. BB cream: Garnier BB Cream
Instead of foundation, I suggest something like this or tinted moisturiser so it lets your skin breathe more. If you need more coverage invest in a concealer because you don't want to cake up. BB cream is all the craze now since they hydrate, prime and give coverage as well. The one I have now is alright, it's probably nicer for people with drier skin types. (:

4. Cream eyeshadows: Maxfactor Masterpiece Cream Eyeshadow
Well, I always skip this step but using a cream shadow will shorten your time in getting ready as well since it's a multipurpose product. I use this as a highlighter in the inner tearducts, and also to highlight the high points of my face; bridge of your nose, cheekbones and cupids bow. Really makes a difference! If you don't want to use cream, maybe go for a champayne powder eyeshadow. They both work well. The one I have here is really shimmery, I usually use powder but this is waterproof and super long lasting. (:

5. Mascara: Rimmel Extra WOW Lash Mascara
One of my staples. Really opens your eyes. If you have short lashes like me, I suggest using an eyelash curler beforehand. It also helps if you use a waterproof formula, but I honestly find that super hard to remove, but the results are super nice. The one I'm using now is alright, smudges on my outer corners so just waiting to finish this one up before purchasing another. I recommend Maybelline mascaras because they're cheaper and better. (:

I hope this helped people! (: It felt nice to blog about more girly subjects I suppose, so maybe I'll post more of these! (:

Thanks for reading,
Michelle ♥

6 comments:

  1. Hey that tony moly water jelly tint looks nice! I saw it on ebay for around 7 bucks. Does it leave a shiny finish on the lips like lip gloss? Or does it get absorbed into the skin? Oh yea, how long does it last on the lips?

    Love this post btw :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the comment! (:

      It's a stain, so you use your finger to pat it in and it sinks in really well. Just make sure you wash your hands after using it, because it may stain your finger. (: I wouldn't say it lasts that long, it fades after a meal of eating. (:

      Hope that helped! (: x

      Delete
    2. I think I may have to give it a try. Heading to ebay now. Thanks michelle! :)

      Delete
    3. Sure no problem! All the best. (: x

      Delete