Saturday 24 March 2012

Update: Back From School Camp

I'm finally back from Yr 10 School Camp which was one of the best camps I've had so far. It was fun, but tiring since we had to do a lot of physically training; if you know what I mean. ;) Anyhoo, it was really hard to take photos of stuff since I couldn't bring my camera along with me to the places where we trained so I'll make a brief update on it. (:

Basically we travelled from school for about 45 minutes max. on these really comfy coaches. Partnered with Julia ( www.littlemisscrayons.wordpress.com ) and we both just chilled and listened to music. When we got there, we were debriefed and placed into our own cabins, whom we both went with two other awesome chicks. In our classes, we each went to out afternoon activities and for my class, we went to archery and abseiling first. Both were really enjoyable.

That night we partied til around 10.30P.M when the teachers got kinda mad. There was this hilarious moment when we thought a teacher opened the door and everyone just scattered and laid on the ground as if that would TOTALLY hide us. But turned out it was just another fellow school mate. LOVED EVERYONE'S REACTIONS. We ate so many Pringle's with salsa sauce. Couldn't really sleep that night; kept waking up in the middle of the night.

Second day, I was a complete zombie from lack of sleep. Had breakfast where the teachers had the privilege of getting bacons and eggs, while we only had toast and other cold stuff. The weather wasn't looking too good, really cloudy. Later in the morning it did actually start raining. In the morning, I had sport science and sport initiatives. Sport science was where we had all these fitness tests to see where our levels were for personal reasons. For the record, I didn't do that well... Sport initiatives was, well, a lecture on the HSC...

Had lunch which I can't remember what it was, and then headed to afternoon activity which was kayaking. I really love kayaking. But first would have to be archery. Can do that all day long. ♥ Thank god the rain had stopped by then, else we'll be kayaking wet. My arms were going to fall off after but it was still worth it. Plus, the scenery was beautiful. Wish I could've taken my camera but with the cloud cover, it wouldn't have done it justice.

Took a shower after then, and went to dinner which was so good! Lasagne with salad as a side. ♥ Had night activities which was games in a really large court. Never had so much fun before! ♥

When we got back to the cabin, there were cockroaches everywhere. Over the shelf and there was one on my pillow. Ew. After using an entire can of cockroach spray or whatever that stuff is, we still had heaps. So we packed and moved cabins. I think it was from all the food we had the night before. But in the other cabin, there was still an amount of cockroaches. But still managed to sleep at least.

The last activity before we left after lunch was the rope course which was around 10 metres up where you were attached to a harness and it was an obstacle course on ropes. It was quite daunting, but when we got get down with the flying fox, it was so freaking fun! ♥

After lunch, got back to school and I still had Matrix coaching afterwards which was really tiring. My eyes were drooping by half way. Got home, had a good shower and got a really nice long sleep.

Today ( Saturday ) had Chinese school in the morning which turns out to be the last lesson for this term. I also bought some groceries which were lip balm, QV Cream, hair ties and deodorant.


Had maths tutoring after wards which was slightly tedious. And I'm completely dead right now since I'm blogging so late. But have a lot of tests next week and need to study for them tomorrow, so might not have time to blog again tomorrow. Also have tennis training tomorrow morning so better sleep earlier. Lol!

Anyhoo, shall blog again soon I hope.

Thanks for reading,
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment