Sunday 15 April 2012

In the Search for Kiwis: PART I

So as you probably know, had about a week's holiday to New Zealand but only toured with Sky Tours for the South Island. We didn't have enough time to go to the North Island. This is actually the first time I've gone overseas and not gone to China. Usually when I go overseas it's to China to visit relatives. This time was different, and I was so grateful to travel somewhere different since I do want to travel the world before I die. (:
Anyhoo, shall get into the photos of the first day in New Zealand.

Caught Emirates airplane which was so luxurious. We left Sydney ground at 9.15.A.M.

My flight. (:  
Our seats. 
We even had our own TVs on the back of the chair in front.


Had a really nice lunch of aeroplane food. Don't know why people complain about it, but personally I think aeroplane has it's own nice tastes.

Entree, Main course, dessert, bread, cheese and crackers and chocolate. Also water. (: 

Chicken with baked potatoes and vegetables for main course. (: 
This is actually how Sydney looks like from the skies. (: And sorry, I had the seat near the wings so it's slightly obscuring the view. The dirty window didn't help. Ah well. (:


The view of the New Zealand from the air was amazing, but my camera couldn't get the feel of it. But trust me, it was gorgeous. There was still some ice on the mountains and with the clouds floating above it, it was beautiful. Again, the uncleaned window didn't help, but here's a snap.


New Zealand is so agricultural I swear. From the air you can see pastoral land past the mountains everywhere, HAHA.

All the green boxes. Reminds me of a motherboard of a computer, HAHA. 
We landed at Christchurch, got our luggage and got on our tour bus. We waited for some time for the other people from our tour to arrive before heading off. We took a small tour around the city but since the tour was Chinese and the guide spoke in Mandarin, sadly I could understand little of what he was talking about.

We went to a museum which I have forgotten the name of, something with 'Canterbury' in it. (: Found this hilarious car with a built-in toilet in it. HAHA.

Please ignore me and my sister. (:
Went to take some photos in a nearby Botanic Garden as well. There was a spectacular fountain and it was really beautiful. (:

Yes, ignore my face. I have terrible timing, HAHA. 
Drove around town and to our hotel that we were going to stay at. Didn't take a photo of the hotel because didn't see the point to. We were going to move hotels again the next day as well.

Halfway there, we stopped at the road to look at the stars which from there; without the pollution was really clear and nice. We could see the Milky Way and it was gorgeous. Wish cameras could snapshot those of things but didn't work. Just turned out black. ):

That was it for the first day. Pretty short and simple. (:

Thanks for reading,
Michelle x

2 comments:

  1. "short and simple" and its THIS long??? oh gosh LOL! and HOMG!!! DONT CENSOR!!! D:but pics are pretty~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait till you see the second part, which is coming soon. ;D And I HAVE TO!!! ;P But thank you. (: ♥ x

    ReplyDelete