Tuesday 8 November 2011

Update: Japanese Exchange

Today, the Japanese students ( the 71 of them ! ) came to our school from ________ Girls High School. Not sure if I'm allowed to put their school's name on here. :P

Anyways, we started off with each other's school songs and then we had school tours. I was partnered up with my good friend Grace. (: We were so nervous and we were Group 2, so when we got called up, we went with a group of 3 Japanese students. They're first names were : Nao, Mayu, and Sayuri. They were so nice and polite and their uniform was .... so neat !

The school tour was kind of fun. We spoke in our broken Japanese and they spoke in their broken English. This exchange was so happy and funny since we were in the 'same boat'. At least we understood each other. That was the fun of it. :L

At the end of the tour, they presented us with gifts. THIS MADE GRACE AND I COMPLETELY PANIC BECAUSE WE DIDN'T BUY ANY GIFT FOR THEM. T-T Shoot us. LOL. This is basically what they gave us :



It's so thoughtfull of them <3


They are erasers along ( so freaking CUTE ) with origami paper inside the paper bag. Again - thank you so much <3
After the tour, we went back to the hall and watched the Yr 11s perform their song : 'We are Australian'. It was good. (: But I think the Yr 9 performance was BETTER !! :P Since the Japanese students enjoyed it more ;)
Anyways, we had recess and Grace and I decided to make up for the gifts, we would buy them some ice cream since it was so hot. So we paid for it. We had recess, and I had two cakes. LOL.

After recess, we had to perform the 'Nutbush Dance'. They joined in and it was a success. So fun ! (: They are so cute and hilarious ! After the dance, we did some dot painting. I know it's really offensive if foreigners do dot painting but they actually coloured the picture in. TOO CUTE ! :3 LOL.

We had lunch after that, and Grace and I thought we still hadn't given them enough gifts ( well that's what we thought ) and so we went and bought our school badge - $5 for each and bought 3. One for each. (: They loved it and said they'll keep it like a treasure. (: They can wear it on their blazers ! :D LOL

After they left, it was so sad. We said our 'sayonaras' and then had to go clean up the left overs. There was heaps of food left, so we gave it out to other classes and then finished the rest of the day. So sad, but we got their home addresses since they didn't have email addresses and I'll definitely be sending them some gifts. :D In time for Christmas !

After school, there wasn't any knitting club so I went home and celebrated for my new pen pals and friends. :D First time I've met a Japanese person and even spoken to them :D Definitely an experience and memory I will keep for the rest of my life. (:

I have flute lessons now, so I'll update some more later. (:

Stay safe,
Michelle <3

2 comments: